Thursday, July 7, 2011

iNDUSTRIAL dESIGN "hOMEWORK"

The thing I love about my major is that the homework is actually enjoyable. Even though it can be rather high stress, because I am in hot competition with the other 30 students applying for the next level, the work is engaging, creative, and very dynamic. I try to not think about the possibility of NOT being one of the approximately 15 students that will be accepted to the next level, having to search for a new major, losing the last 3 months of my life, having all of my educational hopes and dreams shot to the ground, and feeling completely without direction for the future. So I stay busy! Here are some of the 3D pieces I have made:

2.5D piece showing texture and interest from mainly one side.




3D piece using only planes to create a dynamic interesting visual journey throughout the object. 




3D piece using planes AND lines to create a complimentary visual journey that provides harmony between the lines and planes.




3D pattern using lines and planes to create a pattern, repeating one simple piece to make a whole composition.


I love what I do! I just hope that what I do will be enough to allow me to continue doing what I love to do!

-Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment